Discovering bats in the attic is relatively common in Michigan. Frequently, they can occupy attic spaces undisturbed for many years. Bats are usually not discovered, until someone notices scratching noises, urine odor, or experiences a bat flying in the house.
There are some signs that you have bats in your attic:
1) You get a bat flying inside the house.
2) You discover bat droppings in the attic.
3) Scratching noises in the ceiling.
What do you do if you have bats in the attic?
1) Contact a local (and reputable)bat removal company.
2) Have a bat exclusion completed to lock the bats out of the structure.